1. Flat white, 2 sugars is how I take my coffee.
2. How to drive on the left.
3. That it’s okay to ask for help.
4. How to pronounce “quay”–even though it is a phonetic abomination
5. What it feels like to stand at the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge while fireworks go off.
6. Having positive, supportive, intelligent, ambitious, compassionate, exciting , warm, silly, beautiful, hilarious women who value & cherish the bond of female friendship in your life is just as rewarding & nourishing as it seems.
7. Fate is real.
8. If you want to add dimension to something sweet, add salt.
10. Something major is going to happen in my life this year.
12. Being able to apologize, even when you don’t think you did anything wrong–perhaps especially then–is a gift that not everyone has been given.
13. What nonplussed and bemused mean. Finally.
14. That the secret to great banana bread is roasting the bananas.
16. People are always telling you who they are. Everything is a self-portrait.
17. That the best gluten free bread I have ever had is at Black Ruby in Rathdowne Village, just north of Melbourne.
18. How to pronounce Melbourne like an Aussie.
19. Cauliflower is amazing.
20. When things are meant to work out, they do.
22. Of all the cities I’ve lived in, Sydney is my people
23. The compliments I get when I am stressorexic make eating disorders a lot more understandable now.
24. When you have many homes, sometimes it feels like you have none.
25. My love language is Words of Affirmation
27. I love NZ Sauvignon Blanc.
28. Not to eat too much before taking the ferry to Catalina.
29. PAY THE TOLLS when driving from Melb-Syd because the money you save is not worth the fear of driving alone on back roads in the black of night, hoping a kangaroo won’t pop out and total your rental car.
30. I’d rather die than live a mediocre life.