- Had a (relatively speaking) early morning Skype sesh with my mom and her hairdresser who thinks he’s my stepdad
- Took a ferry its entire route, just because
- Accidentally ran into the Prime Minister, which delayed me getting to the bakery so that I walked in just as they sold their last gluten free loaf.
Side note: Kevin Rudd, Obama you are not.
- I was hungry for, and actually ate, 3 meals–and a snack!
(The chatter in my head about this is:
The fact that this is an accomplishment is ridicusad.
No, the fact that this is an accomplishment is just proof that you are where you are, you’re not invincible, and it’s going to take some effort to unlearn the disordered eating habits you’ve fallen into over the past few months; so be kind, you are fighting a hard battle.)
- Got this message on Facebook from a stranger in San Diego
“my name is paul .. i was going through this site and i saw your profile tag with your pic, I most confess to you that you are a very beauty lady, of which there is no man that will set his eye on you that will not write you, am a very nice and cool looking man, looking for real love, someone that i can go into long/serious relationship with who is caring and lovely.that is what i have been praying for,and i believe it must be a dream come true. hope to hear from you soon you”
- The Bangladeshi boys in the kitchen at work made me their traditional milk tea and it was delicious.
- I tried cinnamon tequila–it was okay. I tried vanilla tequila–it was DISGUSTING WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE.
- My 175 yr. old bus driver sort of hit on me the first time I rode his bus a few days ago and completely hit on me this time…meanwhile the boy who was supposed to call me, hasn’t. Thus reminding me why I will die alone surrounded by Facebook status updates, nutella and, hopefully, a passport with more stamps than the post office.