- See The Lido Deck’s insane elk burger featured on “Bacon Paradise” on the Travel Channel
- Go to The Lido Deck during brunch hours, when said burger is served, and find the place inexplicably closed
- Weeks later now, decide this time before going to call first
- Get “We’re sorry. The number you have reached has been disconnected…”
- Go to Yelp
- 12/16/10–“Ah, if it were possible to invoke negative stars I would. Not for the quality of the food, or the service, or the value… but for the mere but unfathomable fact that the restaurant appears to have CLOSED DOWN without any advance notice. We discovered this the hard way, when after making reservations for dinner just a week ago, our party’s advance scout member arrived to find the place dark. Not dark as in romantic mood lighting dark, but dark as in, ‘Dude, who forgot to pay the electricity bill?'”
This has been a true story.
Oh, Janae! I’m so genuinely sorry. I’ll make you an elk burger.
Will you put braised lamb belly and a duck egg on it too? ::bats eyelashes::
Yes, I sure will!
Pingback: French toast souffle at Little Doms | Footsteps On Concrete