- I made a tofu & bacon breakfast sandwich, but not just any bacon, the new Breakfast Coffee bacon from Whole Foods with pork belly, fresh ground coffee powder, chili powder, brown sugar and kosher salt, also known as, everything I didn’t know I wasn’t getting from bacon but now realize I deserve.
- My brilliant friend was featured in the Huffington Post!
- I went up to the Community Garden and talked up plans with Nicole, the garden coordinator, including me leading cooking classes once they get the outdoor cooktop set up and writing a column in the coming newsletter with recipes culled from the garden ( :)!)
- Was appointed (appointed myself?) “research & development,” meaning I need to figure out what to do with okra and
talkflirt with Hot Irish Waiter so that we can set up a wine tasting.
- Witnessed a drive-by with a handful of high school kids still under our watch.*
- About 45 minutes later saw someone having head shots taken outside of a Communist-themed Chinese restaurant.
- Sweated in the 94-degree heat at the beach.
- Caught up with a friend on the summer happenings and she told me that her waxer thinks that I should market my hair gel.
- Took a nap.
- Thought, “No, not you. No way. Never.” to every guy who inappropriately eyed me at the Mexican market and Walgreens.
- Made a DELICIOUS dinner.
- Got the title to the cookbook I’m going to write.
- Decided I am going to write a cookbook. And maybe market the hair gel too.
*It didn’t appear as thought this morning’s bullets found their target. There were 2 cars, both white, and after the shots were fired the second car peeled out in reverse and headed down a side street. The cops showed up a few minutes later. Nicole walked the kids back to school. We hypothesized they’d be on lockdown.